Tool-Co Sodium Densifier
Tool-Co Sodium Hardener is a hardener, densifier for concrete surfaces. This penetrating sodium silicate treatment reacts with the concrete to produce insoluble calcium silicate hydrate within the concrete pores. For use on concrete surfaces.
- Ready to use – eliminating need for dilution.
- One step application, no caustic wastewater no flushing, no scrubbing
- Breathable and UV stable. Will not yellow, discolour, peel or flake.
- Non-flammable. Non-toxic. Low odour.
- Strengthens and dustproofs new and old concrete.
- Fast penetration and reaction, producing high initial and ultimate hardness.
- VOC compliant. Non-flammable. Non-toxic. Low odour.
Remove all dust and debris using an auto-scrubbing machine. If surface has remaining contaminants, use an appropriate surface prep cleaner to remove
any remaining surface contaminants which may compromise uniform wetting, penetration and performance of the densifier. Allow wet surfaces to dry.
- Fill a low pressure sprayer with product. Do not dilute with water.
- Use a clean soft bristle push broom or a microfiber pad to lightly apply sufficient product to evenly wet the surface without producing puddles. Avoid spreading once drying begins. Scrubbing is not necessary.
- Surface should remain wet for 5 – 10 minutes. If surfaces dry immediately, increase the rate of application making sure to minimize puddles. Allowing excess material to puddle on the floor will extend dry times and create white residues which must be removed immediately.
- Allow treated surfaces to dry.
- Remove any dried powder residue using a stiff broom, power scrubber or floor scrubbing machine.
- Using progressively finer abrasive diamonds, continue polishing in consecutive levels to achieve the desired finish. Remove all polishing dust and debris using an auto scrubbing machine.
MAINTENANCE: Use normal dust mopping or sweeping between occasional detergent and water cleaning.
Areas of use
Sodium Densifier is suitable for use in the following areas;
- Concrete floors
- Warehouse floors
- Shopping centres
- Interior and exterior
Tool-Co Sodium Hardener may be applied to new and existing concrete.
Typical Coverage rates
Coverage rates are dependent upon the porosity of the concrete surface to be treated and are offered as a guide only. A sample test area is recommended to determine specific coverage rates.
||Coverage Rate (m2/L)
|Freshly placed, uncured, steel trowelled
|Cured, steel trowelled
|Porous old concrete