Bellinzoni Limeseal Water & Oil Repellent
LIMESEALER is a transparent water and oil impregnator that strengthen the stone and prevents salts and efflorescence from surfacing. It contains siloxane and fluorinated resins specifically devoloped for weak stones that tend to crumble and exfoliate like limestone, sandstone (for example Vicenza Stone, Lecce Stone, Modica Stone etc).
LIMESEALER gives an optimum protection to the treated stone against humidity, acid rain and it prevents the formation of mildew but at the same time let the stone “breaths”. LIMESELAER will not change the colour to the treated stone.
Instruction for use:
Surface must be clean and dry; stains, mildew, crusting must be scraped off otherwise they will be harder to remove after protection.
Application can be done by brush, by roller or by spray gun. It is suggested, when possible, to apply the product by brush because it allows the product to penetrate better into the stone. Application of LIMESEALER by brush, making pressure, will facilitate penetration into frames and cavities. Continuously repeat the application, without interruption, until the stone has been saturated (the stone does not absorb further product).
During the application and subsequent drying, the temperature of the substrate should be between 10 and 30 ° C. In case of application on floor with underfloor heating system turn off heating and allow the stone to cool completely.
Suggestion for use and recommendations:
- We recommend applying the product until complete saturation of the stone. Taking care to apply it wet on wet, ie without leaving the first coat to dry, but continuing the application.
- Do not dilute the product with water or other solvents because the preparation is ready for use.
- The material to be treated must be completely dry.
- Another application system, suitable for small parts, can be that immersion is also possible to use a sponge saturated with product and dab the material.
- Once treated, the stone must be left to dry for 24 hours to complete polymerization.
- In the case of treatments for statues, vases or decorative items, pay close attention to cavities.
- Before use carefully read the recommendations printed on the tin
- Make a test before use
Sandstone, Limestone, and all porous and friable materials
For the protection of limestone in general, one litre of product can treat 8 to 15 sqm depending on the absorption and degree of finish of the material.
Maintenance of the treated surface:
For proper maintenance of the treatment we recommend carrying out periodic washing with our LEM-3 neutral detergent, diluted with water according to the amount of dirt to be removed, without using abrasive tools. The treatment has a variable duration, depending on weather condition it is exposed to and wear of the material. If necessary, it is possible to reapply LIMESEALER above a previous application.