Bellinzoni Idea HP Water & Oil Repellent
Clear protective agent for protecting stones against water, oil, grease and humidity. IDEA HP penetrates deep into the stone, blocks the efflorescence, lets the stone breath, and does not change the natural colour of the stone; does not create unsightly plastic film.
Laboratory test shows IDEA HP resists UV rays and the colour does not change even after prolonged time. IDEA HP is perfectly clear and leaves the original stone colour. Most suitable for façade, table, kitchen, vanity tops etc. It prevents mildew formation.
Idea HP is certified food safe.
Instruction for use:
Surface must be clean and dry; stains, mildew, crusting must be scraped off otherwise they will be harder to remove after protection. Application can be done by brush, by roller or by spray gun. It is suggested, when possible, to apply the product by brush because it allows the product to penetrate better into the stone. Application of IDEA HP by brush, making pressure, will facilitate penetration into frames and cavities. Repeat the application until the stone has been saturated (the stone does not absorb further product).
During the application and subsequent drying, the temperature of the substrate should be between 10 and 30°C. If the floor has an underfloor heating system, turn it off and allow the stone to cool completely.
Suggestion for use and recommendations:
- We recommend applying the product until the stone is completely saturatated. Taking care to apply it wet on wet, ie without letting the first coat dry, but continuing the application.
- Do not dilute the product with water or other solvents because the product is ready for use.
- The material being treated must be completely dry and clean.
- Another way of application, suitable for small pieces, can be the complete immersion.
- Once treated, the stone must be left to dry for 24 hours. Optimal performance is guaranteed after complete polymerization (about 3 days).
- In the case of treatments for statues, vases or decorative items, pay close attention to cavities.
- Carefully read recommendations printed on label and perform a preliminary test on a small area before actual use.
- Natural engineered
- Artificial stones
For protection of marble and granite polished or grinded after grid 800, with 1 litre of product is possible to treat 15/25 sqm. In case of calcareous stone, limestone, sandstone, concrete polished or grinded after grid 800 with 1 litre of product, it is possible to treat 10/15 sqm.
Maintenance of the treated surface:
For proper maintenance of the treatment we recommend carrying out periodic washing with our LEM-3 neutral detergent, diluted with water according to the amount of dirt to be removed, without using abrasive tools. The treatment has a variable duration, depending on weather condition it is exposed to and wear of the material. If necessary, it is possible to reapply IDEA HP above a previous application.