Bellinzoni Astra 24K
Two component, super transparent mastic for the gluing and filling of marble and stone. Its good adhesive power and unbeatable transparency make ASTRA 24K a needful product for marble and light-coloured stones, and every time transparency is a particular necessity. Typical example is the filling of travertine, whenever the characteristic holes need to be seen. ASTRA 24K is available in solid (knife grade) version.
Instruction for use
ASTRA 24K SOLID: The parts to be bonded or filled must be clean, completely dry and free of dust. Add the liquid catalyst to putty 2% by weight, mix thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is obtained and apply by trowel on horizontal or vertical flat surfaces. Once cured, the mastic can be sanded and polished after about three hours (20°C)
The temperature has very influence on hardening: it is not recommended the application below 15°C (see Tech Sheet of Hardeners for further info).
Suggestion for use and recommendations:
- The use of 3% higher catalyst reduces the adhesiveness of the product. Also, it reduces the workability time and can cause a colour change.
- Never catalyse a whole can of putty in a time to prevent the mass effect which accelerates the hardening of the product.
- The polyester resins can be used outside, however, due to numerous factors (moisture, temperature changes, frost and thaw cycles) may lose their mechanical and chemical characteristics.
- The use of catalyst lower than 2% and / or low temperatures (below 15°C) retards the curing of the product.
- The temperature is a very important variable in the use of thermosetting products such as polyester putty; it acts in a manner inversely proportional to hardening of the product. For more information check the technical specifications of the catalyst.
- In case it is desired to pigment the mastic, to add the dye to reach the desired hue and then add the catalyst.
- The use of dye in 2% higher dough affect the adhesiveness of the product.
- The product after being mixed with the catalyst, can be worked for a maximum period of between 3 and 15 minutes (20°C).
- The treated material can be handled after 20 minutes after grouting.
- Before use read the recommendations printed on the label and always carry out a preliminary test.